Earning and retaining our customers' trust means a lot to us. We’re committed to treating the personal information of our customers with care and respect.
We ensure that our practices comply with the Privacy Act 2020, and strive to protect your personal information as we would like our personal information to be protected.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect personally identifiable information. This information is usually provided to us directly during your interactions with us, including when using our website, enquiring about the products and services we offer,requesting a quote, placing an order, or opening an account with us. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you chose not to provide it.
From time to time, we may run contests or other promotions. If you participate, we may request your name, mailing address, email address and other information in order to administer the promotion. When you submit a request,review or comment to us, we may ask you for your email address.
We also collect aggregated data. This information is generated by our systems as they track traffic through our website. This information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personally identifiable information that you may have provided.
We always take care to ensure that we only collect personal information needed to provide our products and services and help run our business. Sometimes, we may ask our partners or service providers to collect personal information from you on our behalf.
The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information, including your personal and/or company name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Demographic information, such as your date of birth.
- Account (and payment) information.
- Job-related information, such as building plans and job requirements.
- Social contact information, including any communications via social media, complaints and other contact you have with us.
- Competition or sponsorship information, such as entries into sponsored events.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHERS
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you from third parties.
We’ll only do this if you’ve been told first, or where permitted by law. It is important, therefore, that you read the privacy policies or statements for all agencies you deal with, as you may be permitting the sharing of personal information when using other services.
If you apply for a credit account with us, we may collect credit information about you with your consent. This information helps us to assess your application for credit.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We primarily use the personal information we collect about you to ensure that you receive the best products and services from us.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Improving our range and quality of products and services.
- Making products, services or other offers to you and managing any contests or promotions.
- Managing your account and our relationship with you, including contacting you about products and services you are receiving.
- Verifying your identity if you need help with a forgotten password, or you are having log-on difficulties with any of our website services.
- Analysing trends, preferences and demographics relevant to our business.
- Enabling us to operate and develop our businesses more generally.
- Managing and monitoring our risks, including:
- Ensuring the safety of our staff.
- Identifying and investigating health and safety hazards or incidents.
- Recovering any unpaid debts or other monies owing.
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations and any lawful requests from government agencies or regulators.
- Enforce our agreement with you in any way.
- Any purpose related to the above.
We may also use your personal information for other purposes,either after notifying you at the time of collection, obtaining your prior permission, or where those uses are otherwise permitted by law.
Aggregated data (not the personally identifiable information) may be shared with third parties such as advertisers or business partners.
HOW WE USE "COOKIES"
"Cookies" are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Cookies do not contain personally identifying information. They do provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use(e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Chrome) and what domain you are accessing our website from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our website.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
Cookies stored by your browser may be used by third-party vendors,including Google, to show you ads based on your previous website activity,including visits to our website.
OPTING OUT OF OFFERS
From time to time, we may send you offers of products or services. However if you don’t want to hear from us in this way, you can opt out of receiving offers from us at any time by contacting us.
HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sometimes, we need to disclose personal information to third parties in order to meet the purposes set out above.
We may also disclose your personal information to:
- The suppliers and manufacturers of our products and services, to manage those products and services.
- Debt collection agencies or credit reporters as part of an account set up or debt recovery process.
- Service providers engaged by us to perform functions for our business, such as freight providers, data storage, IT, software management,insurers and financial services.
- Government or law enforcement agencies,including regulators, where permitted or required by law or where we reasonably believe it is necessary in order to protect staff, customers or property or to assist other businesses to do the same.
- Other local businesses, where we reasonably believe that the information may assist them to protect their staff, customers or property.
- Agents for any of the persons listed above.
Some of the persons listed above may be located overseas. We will only transfer your personal information to a recipient that is obliged to protect your personal information with comparable safeguards to those contained in the Privacy Act 2020, or other wise we will obtain your express consent to transfer or store the personal information.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
The personal information we collect about you is held by us and may be hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any use by them that we have not authorised. We may also retain some personal information securely on our premises.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold is protected against loss, unauthorised use, access or disclosure and any other misuse.
YOUR RIGHT TO REQUEST A COPY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of any personal information we hold about you. The types of information we may hold about you are listed above. Please note that you can only request personal information about yourself, unless you have the consent of another person to request information on their behalf.
You can request a copy of your personal information by emailing usor writing to us at:
Attention: Privacy Officer
INTAKS NZ Limited
PO Box 9210
We will be as open as we can with you but sometimes we might need to withhold personal information from you, for example where the information is commercially sensitive or legally privileged. If we withhold information from you, we’ll tell you why.
We’re required by the Privacy Act to make a decision on your request – and convey this to you – within 20 working days. However, we’ll usually respond to you more quickly than this. Where we cannot make a decision within 20 working days, we’ll let you know and explain why.
YOUR RIGHT TO CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You also have the right to request the correction of personal information that we hold about you, if you believe it’s inaccurate.
To request the correction of information, you should follow the same steps as are set out above for requesting a copy. Again, we must respond within 20 working days but will try to respond sooner.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We are not responsible for the content of any websites that we do not control, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those businesses.
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMPLAINTS
If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us. We’ll seek to answer your questions and do everything we can to address any complaints.
BREACHES OF YOUR PRIVACY
We take our privacy responsibilities seriously. In the unlikely event that a suspected or actual breach of your personal data occurs, we will investigate the breach. We will notify you and the Privacy Commissioner if we reasonably believe that the breach has caused you serious harm, or is likely to cause you serious harm.