From ground-breaking design to an ongoing commitment to safety, INTAKS has made a name for itself as NZ’s leader in scaffolding and edge protection. We wanted to delve a little deeper into what exactly it is that makes our edge protection system the best.
The latest innovations on edge protection
Innovation is a popular concept these days, with novel ideas leading to better, more efficient and safer products and services. To the team at INTAKS, innovation means staying one step ahead and constantly thinking outside the traditional scaffolding & edge protection box. Some of the innovative design techniques that keep our edge protection so advanced include:
• R-Clips designed with large bends making it easy for workers to grasp, even when wearing gloves.
• Standards and other key components with slotted connections to enhance the efficiency and performance of edge protection installation and dismantle.
• Tool-less installation, including of handrails, handrail joiners and upright supports.
• Versatile brackets that can be used in a variety of jobs, from simple maintenance to building cantilevered platforms where required.
Sustainable edge protection
Like many industries these days, we are always looking for ways to make our edge protection system more environmentally-friendly. That’s why we…
• Offer lighter gear that packs down efficiently. This means your edge protection can usually fit onto one small (class 1) truck or a trailer, leading to fewer heavy, CO2-emitting vehicles on the road.
• Use recycled aluminium when possible, sending less waste to landfills and reducing your carbon footprint.
It’s NZ made
Our edge protection systems is used across NZ, so it only makes sense that it is designed, engineered and manufactured here, too. That’s not only giving jobs to Kiwis, but also ensuring that the edge protection we offer suits our jobs, our safety standards and our climate.
A constant commitment to keeping workers safe
Ultimately, the role of scaffolding and edge protection is to protect workers, which is why safety is our top priority. Here’s a few ways INTAKS delivers unmatched safety on worksites:
• We have tested and independently verified the design and engineering of our edge protection system to make sure it is up to all the necessary standards.
• Our installation methods allow upper planks and handrails to be installed from the safety of the existing level.
• We can provide mesh screens to offer enhanced protection compared to toe boards, for debris that might fall from the upper level.
Looking for NZ’s best edge protection?
To get the best edge protection system for your next project, get in touch with INTAKS today at 07 577 6469.