I-Beam Edge Protection
The INTAKS I-Beam Edge Protection System provides a unique solution to the challenge of
installing edge protection on I-beams.
The handrail post unit can be rapidly assembled on the ground without any tools, loaded into the EWP,
and secured to the I-beam within minutes. Handrail tube is then handed-up from the ground, put in
position and you have a compliant solution.
The edge protection can also be installed on the ground, prior to lifting the steel beams into position.
Multiple adjustments are possible, accommodating different I-beam and floor heights and overhangs.
Some of the benefits of INTAKS
I-Beam edge protection
- Safe & compliant
- Fast & efficient to install or remove, reducing on-site delays
- Allows project schedules to be compressed, and to move ahead without traditional scaffolding-related delays
- Adjustments are easy to make
- Simple but sophisticated system
- Flexibility to deal with most on-site requirements (including those unanticipated ones)
For Edge Protection Installers
- Quick to install and dismantle
- Components configured on ground without tools: fast, safe, and efficient
- Easy handling of primarily aluminium components
- 6m aluminium handrails easily handed-up from ground to EWP, massively reducing time in EWP
- Up to 3.6m between handrail posts
- Multiple adjustment and bracing options to limit horizontal deflection
- Easily accommodates the requirements of large I-Beams
- Light and easy to load, unload and carry
Concerned about Compliance?
We put our I-Beam Edge Protection System and conventional tube and coupler
I-Beam edge protection through the same tests.
Watch the video to see the results.
Flip through the INTAKS I-Beam Edge Protection Photobook to see how you can save massive amounts of time on your next project
See how you can assemble the INTAKS I-Beam Edge Protection System
on the ground, attach to the I-beam, and crane into position