With the announcement from the government that New Zealand will be going into lockdown, the business landscape in NZ for the next four weeks, and quite likely for a longer period, has changed dramatically.
While we won’t be available physically, INTAKS staff are still available to contact during this period.
Once the virus is brought under control, people will still be building houses, renovating and painting buildings and replacing roofs and gutters. In other words, they will still need scaffolding and edge protection services.
If you are currently in the scaffolding and edge protection business, the challenge is to plan for a way through this period of time so that on the other side you will be well positioned to continue offering great service to your customers. That’s what we at INTAKS are doing.
If you are considering getting into the scaffolding and edge protection business, what better time to sit down and figure out how you can do this.
Make sure that you are taking advantage of the resources available to you and your business during this period, for example, government support (check out this website for the latest on government financial support: https://covid19.govt.nz/government-actio…/financial-support/):
If you have not done so already, we encourage you to:
- Apply for the wage subsidy scheme
- Talk to your landlord about a possible reduction in rent for the period of the lockdown
- Talk to your accountant about options to delay tax payments (income tax, RWT, FBT, GST)
- Talk to your bank about options to delay mortgage payments
- Talk to your bank about the government’s loan guarantee scheme for SMEs (details still being finalised)
- Talk to any leasing companies to see if they can negotiate a 3 month waiver on payments, with 3 months being added to the term of the lease
- Keep in close contact with your employees and provide them with whatever useful support you can
- Keep in close contact with your clients, and discuss the path forward with them. Use this as an opportunity to build on the existing relationship you have with them. In addition, if they currently have 20th of the month payment terms, you may at some stage like to ask them to consider moving to 7 or 14 day terms for a few months after we come out of the lockdown. This could help substantially with your cash flow
If you currently use INTAKS, or are considering using INTAKS in your business, make sure you are part of our online community. You can share ideas and seek / offer support to other INTAKS customers on the INTAKS Users Group on Facebook join here today.
INTAKS is helping its customers get through this, and come out stronger and with more focus so we can all prosper on the other side.
Thinking of starting a scaffolding & edge protection business?
Nationwide, we estimate annual revenue in the residential scaffolding and edge protection market to be in excess of $200 million, and growing.
INTAKS can provide you with the world-class gear needed to operate, as well as assistance in other areas to get your business up and running on a good footing.
With the opportunity for a great lifestyle and an excellent return on investment that you'll find hard to beat, an INTAKS installation business may be just what you're looking for.
Need scaffolding or edge protection installed for you?
We can help arrange for a free, no-obligation quote.
Whether you are a homeowner, roofer, painter, builder, commercial construction
project manager, or a property developer, request a quote today.
"In the residential [scaffolding] game, the biggest thing is to be able to put the scaffolding up and down as quickly as possible. INTAKS is fantastic for that."
Key questions for scaffolding businesses to consider
Our Key Considerations Guide has been designed to help you make the right decisions for your business, depending on your individual situation and goals.
The guide contains:
- Scaffolding and edge protection market overview
- Questions to help you position your business for success,
minimiseyour direct costs, and increase your margin
- Key attributes to look for in scaffolding and edge protection gear so you get the best return on investment
Multiple configurations. Endless applications.
Let your imagination run wild. With INTAKS, a common set of individual components
can be combined in multiple different ways.
Applications for your next residential, commercial, high-rise, industrial, or civil project.
New build, renovation or maintenance. You have the challenge, we have the solution.
Trusted by New Zealanders
and proudly associated with
Get in touch
Give us a ring on 0800 468 257 (0800 INTAKS). If you’d like us to call you, follow the link below and fill out the form.
We've had years of experience when it comes to helping new or established businesses get the best scaffolding and edge protection gear.
Any question is a good question: please come armed with as many as you can, and we'll make sure you're taken care of.